June 27, 2009

Feeding

I am not as conscientious a gardener when it gets hot and mosquitos get busy. However, this year I am trying to be more kind to my flowers. As part of that commitment, I also am on a schedule to feed my plants every two weeks to see if that makes a difference. Despite the heat and humidity already this morning, I fed every pot and all the bedding plants. I expect to see the most difference in the bedding plants as many of the containers already have slow release plant food in them. As part of my effort, I also am trying a different fertilizer - Miracle Gro for Blooming plants. The spring planted violets are done now. They lasted a long time, though, due to the cool, wet weather. I already had placed new plants next to them in the pots to smooth the transition.

No comments: