June 24, 2009

Scorching!

I have had to water pots in the morning and the evening as we continue to teeter around the 100 degree mark. Most things recover with watering. I think the Lobelia have cried "uncle." They are such a beautiful blue but the tiny flowers do not like the heat. I admire anyone who can keep them thriving in this heat. But the good news is that so far, they are the only casualty. Obviously the impatiens are stressed but I went light on them this year so fewer to baby. And if these temperatures are any indication, I am glad I did.

The smartpot plants are doing quite well. They are planted with Moonflowers and I am excited by the idea of keeping them thriving to bloom time. Something that hasn't happened the last several years. I love the big white blooms in the twilight and the fragrance.

No comments: