June 28, 2009

Glorious Morning







It's inspiring to sit outside this morning, in an incredibly comfortable adirondack chair (www.kcadirondack.com) and enjoy a slight coolness after such a hot stretch. The gardens are looking beautiful so it's a great view. I am sitting with my cat Zoe on my lap (that never happens - it must be a magical morning) and trying different settings on my camera to see which will give me the best depiction of the garden view. The first here is the auto setting. I then tried foliage and backlighting.


As for my garden, I had to remove the last lobelia plant. They all have expired now. Such a shame because I do love that color. I also had to remove a couple of dead periwinkles, which surprised me because they are usually sturdy choices. I have to say that the various begonias are winning so far.

No comments: